A FLYING TYPEWRITER

8:00 AM


Hey everyone! On Tuesday, I went on a short visit to downtown Los Angeles. I legitimately have an entire note on my iPhone dedicated to listing off places that I wish to go to in LA (MOCA + Lemonade, Museum of Tolerance, Urth Caffe, MILK, Griffith Observatory... it's endless). Stopping by IOTA Brew Cafe and The Last Bookstore two days ago let me cross off two from the list.


I actually read a blog review on IOTA that inspired me to visit there. I absolutely adored the atmosphere (not to mention, the waiters... *heart eyes*). The menu is filled with all sorts of pastas, pizzas, burgers, and Korean fusion foods. They also specialize in a variety of coffees and teas. I've got to say—the food was incredible, with relatively good prices. I was way too full to order anything sweet, but I am most definitely going to visit in the future just for the desserts. Korean shaved ice, macaron ice cream sandwiches, Belgian waffles, boba and Italian sodas... is your mouth watering yet?


My Rustic Shrimp Pizza was heavenly. On the bottom left is a Fusion Kimchi Carbonara, which is apparently their best dish. And yes—that, my friends, is a Ramen Kimchi Burger. I had no idea that such a burger existed. Surprisingly, I liked it. Although, I did enjoy the french fries a tad more.


Around fifteen minutes away from IOTA is this lovely bookstore. I remember a friend of mine telling me all about it (Hi Joyce!). I'm not sure of how I should describe it. Stunning? Mesmerizing? There was literally a room filled with thousands of books (interestingly organized by the colors of the spines)... which were merely one dollar each. *gasp*


I've decided to call these 'book sculptures'. One of the books used for the window was titled Report on the Harvard University Library. How random.


I was not kidding about the flying typewriter.


Boxes and boxes and boxes stuffed with records upon records upon records—from classic to jazz, from reggae to movie soundtracks, from Pink Floyd to Arcade Fire.

A lovely day it was.

xx

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Ahh I miss LA, I need to make a note of these places for the next time I ever go visit. That pasta looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Last Bookstore is a must! And it was delicious, hehe xx

      Delete
  2. Such a good and inspiring post! Loving your blog, it looks so pretty and has very interesting content!

    Evelin Kivi blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of places I want to visit in LA, never mind the rest of America is endless... but I'm so far away I can't see any of them becoming true in the foreseeable future. Your photography is always really striking and professional looking:D Can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, hopefully you'll be able to visit in the near future! :-)
      Aw thanks Alannah xx

      Delete
  4. CHAEREEN I WANT TO GO

    TAKE ME

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome~
    Come to my blog, I'd be happy if you follow me
    http://kairjankaora-koka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks so cool and the food looks amazing!

    xx fameliquorlove

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I will have to add this to my travel list. Lovely photos and blog. ---Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! that's the most amazing bookstore I've ever seen :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food looks yummy it makes me hungry! lol the bookstore is so cool! that typewriter and bookshelf is so awesome ♥

    x
    www.c-mae.com

    INSTAGRAM

    GFC

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely post <3
    want to follow on bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images