BREAKFAST PARFAIT

4:03 PM


Hello again! I've been feeling strangely productive this weekend, so when I stopped by Trader Joe's yesterday I decided to grab a few ingredients to make myself breakfast today. I can't necessarily cook, but I  do consider myself a professional at mashing things together.

This is a such a delicious, filling, and healthy recipe for your morning meal. I live by the rule of making sure to never skip breakfast, no matter how much I'm running late (which is pretty much every day, but that's besides the point). Breakfast wakes you up and gets your brain flowing, so you'll do better in school. It keeps you upbeat and sets you on the right track for the rest of the day. Apparently, eating breakfast also helps with losing weight.



W H A T  Y O U ' L L  N E E D

1. Chia Seeds
These are super nutritious! They're chock-full of Omega-3. They're also great at hydrating your body and making you feel fuller faster.

2. Mason Jar
Mason jars seem to be quite a fad these days. I mean, they're cute. But you can use anything else, really.

3. Honey
I use this to sweeten the cottage cheese.

4. Sliced Almonds
I can snack on these all day. Honey-roasted too? Even better!

5. Cottage Cheese
A great source of protein, fat, and vitamins. You can definitely use yogurt instead!

6. Raspberries
My favorite. I'm going to be smashing most of them, while using a few to top off the entire recipe.

7. Frozen Blueberries
These are freaking delicious, and the best natural food coloring! Honestly though, you can add any other fruit as you please: strawberries, blackberries, pineapples, you name it.

8. Granola
You can't forget the granola in a parfait. You just can't.


P R E P A R A T I O N

1. Mix the blueberries and cottage cheese together in a separate bowl until you get your desired shade of purple. Or else, you can just mix some honey into the cottage cheese to sweeten it. Or, you can completely skip this step if you want to eat it plain!

2. In another bowl, take a handful of raspberries and smash them as evenly as you can with a spoon.

3. Last bowl—pour reasonable amounts of granola, almonds, and chia seeds.


L A Y E R I N G

This is how I layered my ingredients.

Starting from the bottom:
blueberries
white cottage cheese with honey
smashed raspberries
purple cottage cheese with blueberries
smashed raspberries
granola/almond/chia seed mix
raspberries


And that's it! Easy, right?
I'm trying my best to keep an upbeat attitude. It truly brightens up my days. Let's see how long I can keep up my productive streak. Have a great week!

xx

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. That looks so good! I'm definitely gonna give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so filling and healthy too! xx

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy!

    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is so perfect and i love all the little details :D the photos are so on point too! keep up with the great work!
    If you're interested, let's follow each other!! let me know [:

    Xxx
    www.thedancingpencilonpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg it looks so yummy really want to taste!

    http://vallvalie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty and nutritious breakfast! I definitely need to give it a try. I love how all the ingredients can be picked up from Trader Joe's!


    xx freshfizzle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! Trader Joe's is the best xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful blog!
    www.adoramehitabel.co,uk
    @adoramehitabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW - that looks amazing!!! I'll definitely have to make it.

    Mindy || www.kindofluxe.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images